What Is a CVT Transmission?
Serving Vancouver WA | Camas | Orchards | Battle Ground
A CVT is an automatic transmission that uses pulleys connected by a flexible belt rather than fixed gears. These transmissions are designed to seamlessly accelerate without needing to pause for gear shifts, which can increase fuel efficiency and make it easier to accelerate. While these transmissions offer a lot of benefits, CVT transmission repairs can be tricky.
That’s why the experts at All Transmission & Clutches are prepared to meet all of your CVT needs! All of our work is backed by a 12,000 mile or 1-year warranty, so you know you’re in good hands. If you need repairs, call us today for a free estimate!
Signs You Need CVT Transmission Repair Services
If your car is working fine on a daily basis, you may be tempted to ignore any potential warning signs that your transmission is wearing down. However, catching issues early on can prevent further damage and save you from costly repairs. Here are some warning signs that you may need CVT transmission repairs:
- Your car is leaking pinkish oil. CVT transmissions have about twenty external seals, all of which are capable of leaking. Some leaks are simple to remedy, while others are a little more complicated. So, if you see pinkish oil underneath your car in the morning, you might need repairs.
- There’s excessive shaking at high speeds. If your car is shaking or bucking while you drive on the freeway, there could be an issue with your transmission system. Excessive vibrating while going high speeds could indicate that your CVT needs attention.
- The gear changes are regularly delayed. A delay in engaging gears could be more than a small annoyance. This delay could also be a sign that transmission fluid is low, belts are loose, or other problems are arising in your transmission.
- You notice a burning smell. A burning smell in your car can be alarming, so it’s important to seek professional help if you notice this sign. The burning odor could be a result of overheating or leaking fluid.
- The transmission regularly slips. If your engine is revving fast but isn’t transmitting power to the wheels, then you are experiencing a transmission slip. These can be caused by a variety of issues, such as low transmission fluid, and it’s a big sign that your CVT transmission should be checked out.
Call Now to Speak with An Expert at 360-896-8811!
Or Request a Callback in 10 minutes or Less
A Reliable CVT Transmission Repair Shop
Replacing or repairing CVTs can be expensive, which is why it’s important to only visit dependable shops that offer comprehensive warranties. The expert technicians at All Transmissions & Clutches have been trusted by drivers in Vancouver WA for over 30 years, and all of our CVT work is covered by a 12,000 mile or 12-month warranty. Our CVT transmission services include:
- Checking CVT fluid pressure
- Inspecting CVT belts and bands
- Replacing worn or damaged parts
- Ensuring the CVT software is updated
If you need a CVT transmission repair shop and want the work done right the first time, turn to the pros at All Transmission & Clutches. Just give us a call to get started!
<< Back to Types of Transmissions
CVT Transmissions IN VANCOUVER WA
Serving Clients in the Greater Vancouver WA Area: