Brake Repair Service
Serving Vancouver WA | Camas | Orchards | Battle Ground
At All Transmissions & Clutches we can handle almost any vehicle’s brake repair and replacements. For over 25 years we have built our reputation and knowledge on our foundation…top quality auto repair services. For that reason, we can offer 1 year, 12,000-mile warranty on all brake replacement services.
Our shop is conveniently located on Fourth Plain just east of SR500. Many of our customers come to see us from Vancouver, Camas, Washougal, Battle Ground and even La Center and Ridgefield.
Why is a Brake Inspection So Important?
Ever wonder how some brake repair shops know what to advertise for new brakes cost? Especially when they don’t even know what your vehicle’s brake problem is before giving you a price? At All Transmissions & Clutches, we offer free brake inspections and give you a free estimate on what we see wrong. With brake replacement, you really do get what you pay for. At All Transmissions & Clutches, all you get is superior quality brake service and good pricing all backed by a written warranty.
Ready to Schedule an Appointment?
Or Call Now to Schedule Service.
How Do Brakes Work?
When you decide to press down on your brake pedal, brake fluid is sent from the master cylinder, which is located under the hood of your vehicle, through brake fluid hoses down to your brake calipers, which are attached to your rotors.
The force of the brake fluid being delivered to the calipers, which house your brake pads, causes the caliper to squeeze the brake pads against the spinning rotor. The result is friction which slows the vehicle. Some vehicles are equipped with drum brakes in the rear. When the brake pedal is pushed, a piston pushes the brakes shoes against the brake drum causing the same result, friction which slows the vehicle.
With repeated use, and exposure to extreme heat, over several thousand miles, all these components get dirty, worn and need inspection and periodic replacement to ensure continued safe operation.
Top Quality Brake Repair Shop at All Transmissions & Clutches
- WE TEST DRIVE – We will take your vehicle for a test ride to verify what the problem is. Most brake repair facilities will not do this with a normal brake replacement job.
- COMPLETE BRAKE INSPECTION – We thoroughly check all four brakes by placing your vehicle on a rack to give us the best vantage of your complete brake system. All problems are documented and we will advise you on the best course of action, explaining everything in detail.
- A FREE ESTIMATE IS GIVEN – On all free brake inspections, we will provide you a free written estimate, if repairs to your vehicle are needed. If you decide to use All Transmissions & Clutches for your brake service, we stick to that estimate, unless otherwise approved by you.
- BRAKE FLUID IS CHANGED – We take the extra step to change your old brake fluid with fresh new fluid. This is an extra measure to ensure your safety. An average driver in the U.S. put on 10-15,000 miles per year, and on average uses their brakes 75,000 per year. The boiling point on old brake fluid drops after 3 years to a point where it is no longer considered safe by federal minimum standards. Also in wet climates such as in the Pacific Northwest, debris and moisture can get into your brake fluid and cause severe damage. Most other brake shops don’t do this, and if you ask, they charge extra for it.
- ROTORS ARE MEASURED AND CHECKED – Thickness and variation of all rotors are carefully measured. Variations or warping can cause vibrations, pulsating and even sometimes jerking when the brakes are applied. If rotors need to be resurfaced or replaced, we will let you know at the time of inspection.
- ROTORS ARE CLEANED – The rotor vanes, or cooling fins, are checked for mud, brake dust and other debris and cleaned. This ensures your brakes can dissipate heat as they were originally designed to do. This again is an extra step that a lot of brake service facilities don’t do.
- WHEEL HUBS CLEANED – Dirt, brake dust and rust buildup is removed from the hub and the hardware replaced. Not properly cleaning the hub can cause lateral run out. (See next step)
- LATERAL RUN OUT CHECKED – New or resurfaced rotors are checked for lateral run out when attached to the hub. The term Lateral Run Out refers to when the rotor, while spinning, is not perpendicular to the wheel causing it to wobble. This causes extra wear on the rotor and will be accompanied by pedal pulsation.
- PARTS ARE LUBRICATED – We lubricate all metal to metal parts to ensure a quiet braking system. Again, something not everyone does.
- CALIPERS ARE READJUSTED – Brake pedal is gently pumped to get the calipers readjusted and any remaining air out of the braking system. Pumping too fast during this step can damage the master cylinder.
- WARRANTY IN WRITING – We warranty our brake jobs to be trouble free for 12 months or 12,000 miles. We only use the finest brake system components, and we are so confident in them that we back every brake job we do with this guarantee.
If you live or work in the Vancouver WA area and are looking for brake repair specialists, contact All Transmissions & Clutches to schedule a brake inspection today!
Brake Repair IN VANCOUVER WA
Serving Clients in the Greater Vancouver WA Area: